About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Empty nesters...ready to stretch our wings. Life is good and we plan on making it even better. This blog is mostly about our trips to Vieques Puerto Rico, with a few odds and ends thrown in about our life after the mortgage.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Beach Cabana....

I've had a number of people ask me about the beach cabanas I built when were were in Vieques. So I decided to put a picture of one that we built last Feb.  on Orchid beach. Here a shot of tit:

This one I put some diagonal bracing on and it really seem to help with the wind coming in off the ocean.  When you build these it's important to make sure that you make it large enought for a couple of beach chairs and your cooler. We even hung out under this one when some rain came in.  I usually find some sort of stick to use as a shovel so that I can get the poles down at least a foot...the deeper the bettter. There are plenty of dead palm fronds if you look for them . I wouldn't advise cutting off fresh ones.





2 comments:

  1. Our family spent a day under your shelter last Feb. Thanks for providing shade for us for the day. I had assumed it was built for a wedding on the beach or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Makes it all the more worth-while to me. If your coming back next Feb I'll have another one ready David.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete