About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Empty nesters...ready to stretch our wings. Life is good and we plan on making it even better. This blog is mostly about our trips to Vieques Puerto Rico, with a few odds and ends thrown in about our life after the mortgage.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Decking the floor...

Another cabin update...this is my summer project so it'll be mostly what I'm posting about. Anyway I got the floor framed this weekend. Sprayed the foundation with termite spray. Insulated the floor joists and got the floor decking on. Right now I have a big tarp over the structure because of rain in the forecast.  Here's a few pictures of the progress so far:


Above is the floor framed


Now I've got the insulation in place


and here it is with the floor decking on.

The plan is to buy the rest of the windows this week, that way I know all of my rough opening and can finally start framing the walls. So far we've bought 2 window units that are 6' x 6', one window that is 23" x 6' tall and two 8' tall sliders. Let me tell you it was all Lorrie and I could do to get them unloaded and into the garage. I have no idea how I'm going to get them over to the point, let alone get them installed.  I guess I'll just have to get creative, that or enlist some buddies to help.

:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment