About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Empty nesters...ready to stretch our wings. Life is good and we plan on making it even better. This blog is mostly about our trips to Vieques Puerto Rico, with a few odds and ends thrown in about our life after the mortgage.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Big Brother is watching you.....



One of the requirements of  my current job is to participate in random drug testing. Never mind the idiocy of having to pee for some pseudo governing body, so you can "prove" your a perfect little soldier. (I could write a saga sized rant on that. ) No....that's not the issue here.

You are guaranteed to have your name pulled at least every two years.

So what's the chance of having your name pulled the day before you go on vacation for two weeks? Uh...pretty much a  100% chance, if your me. And don't forget, boys and girls, you have 10 days from the postmark date to pee.



 We were on our way outta town to visit our daughter when we found out. I had grabbed the mail as we left this morning and it was while we were about 1 hour from home I found the letter. We were on our way up to see her, she's in Med School. Turning around to go back  to one of the local drug testing sites would nix our luncheon date with her. Time is precious when your in Med School and we've had this planned for a while, plus  we already had reservations at a hotel near the airport, so we really wanted to be outta town.

 After some searching I found a lab not too far from our hotel where i was able to fulfill my obligation for the "Ministry of Truth. "

To say I'm ready to be in Vieques doesn't even begin to express how I feel.  (Oh no....does that  constitute a "thought crime?")

Now...if there's a telescreen in our hotel room I've got just the solution. I always pack a roll of duct tape for just these types of emergencies.

Winston would be so proud.

“Nothing was your own except the few cubic centimetres inside your skull. ” 
― George Orwell, 1984

:-P


1 comment:

  1. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your post and definitely will come back someday. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice weekend!
    IELTS ,TOEL,EFECT for sale

    ReplyDelete