About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Empty nesters...ready to stretch our wings. Life is good and we plan on making it even better. This blog is mostly about our trips to Vieques Puerto Rico, with a few odds and ends thrown in about our life after the mortgage.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Flight Delayed....




So here's what you do when your flight is delayed in SJU.  You find a nice watering hole and have yourself a Medalla or two, or three. The weather was just not cooperating with us. I texted the property manager and told Jay that the airline gods are angry this eve and I didn't know if we would make it over tonight or not.  As it turned out we got into Vieques about 1.5 hours late.  There were only 5 of us on the plane and given how the weather was worsening I would bet we were the last flight out that day.

Maritzas was prompt at picking us up at the airport and the girls behind the counter as sweet as ever. They gave me a discount? Maybe because we come here so much or maybe just because I dunno. Anyway this is not the first time Maritzas has done me a favor. I can't say enough good things about them.

Didn't really have time to get provisions once we got the the house. We were both starved and needed some food. It was now 7pm and we had been up since 2am.  I texted Jay the property manager at Besos to let him know we did finally make it over . He lives just across on the next ridge and  I can see his house from Besos. While we were waiting on Jay, Joy and Bill texted and ask if we made it to the island. I told them yeah, but we were waiting on Jay to get into the house and change and then go get something to eat. They suggested we just go with them and even said they would pick us up. I decided to just drive over to their house, Casita Sea Glass, which is just across the street from Jays house. (I know it's getting confusing here) Long story short, all Jay had to do was walk across the street and give me the keys to the house. He said it was the easiest check in he had ever had!  We all stood on the veranda of Casita Sea Glass and got caught up about what's been happening on the island. As promised, Bill and Joy had ice cold Medallas waiting for us. Doesn't get much better than that.

We ended up eating at Taverna, since it was so close and getting late. I was craving carbs as was Lorrie. Ended up eating some pasta marinara with shrimp and capers. Not bad, but really not great either. I know a lot of people like this restaurant, but for me, it just doesn't flip my switch. Plus, it is so very, very noisy in there that it makes dinning difficult.

I think it was 10 or so before we finally got to the house. As was the case with our last visit, we had a small welcoming package:


Very rarely do you find such a nice welcome in rental houses. There was coffee and shampoo and soap in the bathroom. Really well done. 

Thank gawd we're finally here!!!

:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment