About Us

My photo
Indiana, United States
Empty nesters...ready to stretch our wings. Life is good and we plan on making it even better. This blog is mostly about our trips to Vieques Puerto Rico, with a few odds and ends thrown in about our life after the mortgage.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Internet down.....

The Internet has been down for about 24 hours now. I've been typing posts in wordpad, waiting on the chance to upload. It's also given Lorrie and I more time to talk since I'm not glued to the laptop for hours, as is usually the case in the evenings when we visit Vieques.

This morning I sat at the table in the kitchen and looked out towards Puerto Rico, watching this peach colored light slowly bring the big island to life. There's a beautiful vista here at Colores Del Mar. It affords one not only the ability to watch the ferry and cruise ships, but because of it's positioning, you can watch the horses, with clusters of egrets in tow, graze on the gently rolling hills that are common in Villa Borinquen. There's enough night blooming jasmine around the house that the scent is still wafting into the kitchen while I sit here and type. It's times like this that I wish I could bottle,  then pour a dram for people when they ask that question "What do you do when your there?" These things are intangible and can't be conveyed by mere words, you just have to experience it.

The house, my gawd. We never experienced a place so well appointed. I'm talking from Fix-a-Flat in the car to Q-tips in the bathroom. Everything. Allen, the property manager/owner dropped off an L.L. Bean cabana, brand new and in box yesterday. Not sure if we'll use it or not, the cabana thing is a matter of principle at this point, but it further proves what I'm talking about.

We're going to do a more in depth video of the house later on, but let me say everything is has been done with the utmost care and craftsmanship. I was pointing out to Lorrie how perfect the caulk joints are on the doors and windows. Yeah I know, "who the hell looks at a caulk joint?" I do. I also notice things like tile joints, cuts on trim and deck work. If you care enough to worry about how a caulk joint looks it will carry through to every fiber of what you create. Enormous thought and care have been put into this place. From the color coordinating of everything to the functionality of all the parts. We also love all the wood that's in the house.

Lorrie is up now. I just turned on some "Buena Vista Social Club" to greet the day.

Hopefully the Internet will be back up soon.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment